View Single Post
Old January 29, 2013, 07:07 AM   #5
The usual suspects are all good. Ruger, both revolvers and semi, are good, as are all of Smith & Wesson's offerings. Colt and High Standard, though long out of production are good choices, again both companies made both. Dan Wesson revolvers are some of the best 22's ever made. Browning semi-autos run neck and neck with Rugers in most threads and for a good reason. They're at least just as good. Harrington and Richardson made a number of inexpensive 22's that are still inexpensive and fun if you want to look for them.

Personally, I like all of them and have owned most of them. Right now I've got Rugers, Dan Wesson and High-Standard.

One other bit of advice I always offer. I never look at new ones. I'm always prowling the used section looking for good buys. Example...I found this one, a Ruger Standard semi from 1960, with the box, just after Christmas for less than $200.00 out the door.

Deals like this are well worth looking for.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Page generated in 0.04519 seconds with 7 queries