View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 06:13 PM   #74
Gaerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLeake View Post
So, Gaerek, how would you feel if your car were stolen, and in the course of a high speed pursuit the car thief or a pursuing officer caused one or more traffic deaths?

We would all feel bad, but would you feel responsible?
You're missing the point. I lock my car. I take all the precautions I can. I lock my guns. I take all the precautions I can. If I could put my car in a safe, I would, but I can't, feasibly. If I've taken every reasonable precaution, there's really nothing I can do if someone wants to do something stupid with my property. I however, will not be an accessory to a crime (not legally of course, only in my own conscience) because I'm too cheap or lazy to lock my guns up when they're not in use. A safe is a relatively cheap, and reasonable precaution. Will it stop all thieves? Probably not, but most criminals only go for easy targets. Breaking into a house is incredibly easy. Breaking into a gun safe if much harder.

Criminals don't get guns from gun stores. They get them from the law abiding. The easier you make it for them, the more guns they have.

Page generated in 0.04515 seconds with 7 queries