View Single Post
Old January 27, 2013, 05:55 PM   #14
johnwilliamson062

I agree this post is worthless without specifics.

How long does it take to get a manufacturers license?
If the company JUST sprang up and doesn't have a license they sure as hell won't be delivering any product in June.
If it is a retail site or new distributor, how are they going to get any product?

More than likely it is a supplier that has had products under someone else's brand.
If you give permission to charge your card and the company then disappears, it isn't always that easy to get your money back. The CC company does not re-reimburse it, the company has to. When there is a problem from a big retailer they will usually cave on the issue b/c they don't want the CC company to take away service for bad reports. In fraud with a ghost corp that isn't a concern.

It is totally different than when someone charges your card without permission.
Quote:
I would think if you paid in full and there was a serial # generated at the time of the sale . You would be able to take possession of it even after an AWB was in place as long as the sale was pre-ban . Just a thought . If that's why it's good for us and them .
I don't think so. I thought about this, but I don't think it will fly. Many agree with me or companies would be advertising it.

I worry more about the companies that ONLY make guns that may be legislated. If you pre-order and they go under following a ban, you are probably SOL. You will have an unsecured debt and it would be a rarity for there to be assets beyond secured debt. Of course, the president could step in a la GM&unions, but I doubt it.

Page generated in 0.04417 seconds with 7 queries