View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 09:55 PM   #130
Dragline45

Quote:
And what if they did not dispose of your transaction info, and next year Massachusetts passes a capacity ban with no grandfathering, and uses the info they were not supposed to keep in an attempt to confiscate some of your guns or magazines, Dragline45?

Will you care then?
Honestly I could care less if someone has records of transactions for my firearm purchases. They were bought legally, and I don't intend on using them illegally. As for the proposed capacity ban, if it passes I am moving north. And even if the ban passes, what makes you so sure there is going to be a mass confiscation of weapons throughout the state? The day the Government starts taking peoples guns is the day they spark the starts of a revolution in this country.

Quote:
Honestly, I am sick of idiots who say, "Well, I have nothing to hide... maybe you do."

FYI, I am a retired Navy officer. I held a TS/SCI, and in my current civilian gig I still hold a TS. I have had firearms training from instructors ranging from Drill Instructors to 18B to Combat Controllers on the military side, and from Mas Ayoob on my own time. I get periodic SSBI investigations.

I do not have anything to hide. (BTW, unlike some of you - Dragline, manta, Alabama, Apom, etc - I use my name as a screen name here. M Leake. Who is hiding things, again?)
Never remember accusing you of having something to hide, nor does choosing a non de plume for a gun forum imply I have anything to hide. I was simply stating I have to jump through the hoops and it's not the end of the world. Sure it would be nice if I didn't have to go through the hassle of passing a background check or having to register my guns, but at the end of the day I could really care less and I have far more important things to worry about. Bottom line is if I want to own a gun in this state, I need to pass the background check and register my guns. Until I am in the position to up and move, I really have no other choice.

And just as simply as you can call me an idiot for my statement, I can make the generalization based on your comment and call you a paranoid conspiracy theorist. I didn't choose to be born in this state, and currently, not only is it not in my best interest to move out of the state (gun issues aside), but I am in no position to just up and move because I don't like the gun laws here.

Page generated in 0.05010 seconds with 7 queries