View Single Post
Old January 26, 2013, 02:43 PM   #39
Metal god

hey I found one of the letters I wrote

This is one of the letters I wrote to Feinstein , Boxer and Davis .

Hi I hope the holidays were good to you and your family . I'm writing to ask you not to offer any gun legislation now or in the future .I do know it seems like a good way to prevent gun crime but IMO it will not . The shooting in CT was done by a young man that seemed to be very troubled . I think are focus as a nation should be to help people with mental illness and the ability to recognize it before tragedy's like the one in CT happen .

Stopping me from buying any particular firearm will not stop anybody from
breaking into my home ,stealing the guns I already own , kill me and using them in a crime . It's my understanding that the young man in CT did that very thing . No he may not have broke in to the house but he did steal the guns and kill the legal owner and then used them in the most awful crime I have ever seen . Even if not one more gun was sold in the US again we still would have a few hundred million guns here . Banning a few gun from this day foreword will not stop gun crime or even reduce it .

I know there is not enough money to put a cop in every school . I ask you to
consider a school Marshall program similar to the air Marshall program .Maybe 1 Marshall for every 5 to 10 schools . They can rotate and the bad guys will not know what school has the Marshall in them . I believe this would be a good deterrent and would be 1/5 to 1/10 the cost of putting a cop in every school .

I know we as a nation and human beings can't sit by and do nothing when 20
children get killed but new gun control will not stop this from happening again

Thanks for your time
As of this date 8-18-14 at 6:42am I became a proud grandfather I guess I'm officially old

Page generated in 0.05029 seconds with 7 queries