View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 10:59 PM   #57
Daugherty16

I received a message from another forum i frequent, and just have to post the link.A quote from the body of founder Pat LeFemine's editorial, without permission but posted anyway, is here:
A Message to the Opposition

Hunters do not cower from your threats. We see right through your transparent attempts to divide us. It will not work. You may dupe the masses with your crafted sound bites and emotional campaigns but you won’t fool us. Your anti gun agenda was not bourne from the tragic events on December 14th.

We were all devastated by Sandy Hook. I live in Connecticut. I know people in Newtown. My heart was torn apart on that day. Those little kids were a treasure that can never be replaced.

Every gun owner I know wishes he was at Sandy Hook on December 14th. To place myself in harm’s way for a chance to protect those kids from a monster would have been my duty, my honor. Every hunter and gun owner I know feels the same.

So while you use this tragedy to push your feel-good, impotent gun control agenda understand one thing about us; we would consider it an honor to defend your kids too. If that day ever comes, and I pray it does not, you will want us there (with far more firepower and ammo than we need to kill a deer). You will tearfully thank the lawful gun owner who stood between evil and your family. You know this to be true, even though you will never admit it.

Here is the link. Pass it on.

http://www.bowsite.com/BOWSITE/featu...cles/together/
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness... How pathetic." - - Ted Nugent

"Cogito, Ergo Armitum Sum" - (I Think, Therefore I Am Armed)- - anon.

Page generated in 0.04198 seconds with 7 queries