View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 10:11 PM   #12
Vanya
Staff

Stephen King's books are too scary... W.E.B. Griffin's writing is as flatfooted as a dancing elephant...

At least Lee Child and Stephen Hunter can both write, and it doesn't hurt that they both keep their tongues in their cheeks while they do so.

I find it telling that King's gun control essay is for sale on Amazon. The article linked in the Slate piece quotes him as saying, “I think the issue of an America awash in guns is one every citizen has to think about,” said King. “If this helps provoke constructive debate, I’ve done my job. Once I finished writing ‘Guns’ I wanted it published quickly, and Kindle Singles provided an excellent fit.”

If he just wanted it published quickly, he could've sent it almost anywhere: to the New York Times, for example. He's Stephen King, fergodsake -- any online news/opinion site would probably have published it more or less instantly.

One might almost think he's motivated at least in part by wanting to make a quick buck off this debate. Oh, wait... he'd never do that, would he...?

Page generated in 0.04324 seconds with 7 queries