View Single Post
Old January 25, 2013, 12:42 AM   #5
RockSmoot

It does sound (mostly) like the America of old. A place where it was culturally understood that an armed society is a polite society. Except for a few pockets of this country, we aren't that place anymore and further, many Americans would find your suggestions to be abhorrent, even fascist in nature.

To effect real change we have to prepare the population to accept concepts that are routinely rejected as foolish, outmoded and extreme, and in order to do that, it's my thought that we have to learn from the successes that the antis have achieved over the last century and employ their methods to achieve our goals.

I'm suggesting that rational arguments with common-sense talking points aren't effective in swaying the inattentive American. The message has to have a significant emotional punch to get through all the noise put out by the Today show, the Voice and GMA. Watch those shows and you'll get a lesson in how to carry out gradual, gentle and highly effective indoctrination. I'm not saying that that's their intent, it's just what they happen to do, and they do it well.

We need to do it too, and do it better than they do.

Last edited by RockSmoot; January 25, 2013 at 12:44 AM. Reason: bag grammar

Page generated in 0.04935 seconds with 7 queries