View Single Post
Old January 24, 2013, 12:08 AM   #9
tahunua001

^^^I agree with that guy, all of the reciever markings are on the left side of the reciever, those are the smoking guns(so to speak). however the second is definitely Chinese, post 1965, that is the year that they switched from blade bayonets to spike bayonets. early russians used the spikes too but IIRC they were straight black, no white metal.

the first has the original stock but it's been painted and probably not refurbishable. the dust cover is either aftermarket or has been drilled and tapped for a scope mount, either way, it has been modified significantly and has little collectors value left. still probably a good shooter though. the only thing I can say for sure is that it is not an Albanian, they had longer handguards(top piece of wood) than the rest. if I had to guess I would say that it's probably another Chinese, pre 65 based on the bayonet style, or russian. clear, in focus pictures of the left side of the receivers would make it easier to identify.
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.

Last edited by tahunua001; January 24, 2013 at 12:13 AM.

Page generated in 0.04757 seconds with 7 queries