Thread: Ffl license
View Single Post
Old January 23, 2013, 12:47 PM   #14
dogtown tom
jd3020 My concern the first time i talked to the city was that i lived 2 blocks for an elementary school. but i couldnt find any thing on the atf website about location being a problem.
Its not a problem.

Its funny how your local law enforcement dont know the rules on an ffl license.
it's not their job, why would you think they know anything about it?

But on my first search i found what they call a gun smiths license which allowed the person to be a gun smith and purchase for his own purpose.
I don't know where you read that.....but it isn't correct. There is no such thing as a "gunsmiths license". Gunsmithsmithing requires either an 01FFL Dealer or 07FFL Manufacturer.

Now yes i want to be able to order a gun for my friends and sell to people i know per doing back ground checks and all the legal way. Nothing illegal but what would happen if i set it as my home location even tho the zoner says i cant have some one come and pick the gun up there.
What part of illegal do you not get?
Operating illegally under your city, county, HOA, etc is a violation and your FFL will be yanked if it was ever issued.

And say my buddy calls and says he i want a gun and i order it for him. The gun comes in i pick it up take it to my house. He comes over and does the necessary paper work and then the next day i take it to him or meet him at my parents house while im there?
That would be a violation of Federal law. As has been repeated several times in this thread......your licensed premises must allow you to conduct business legally. Federal law only allows a licensed dealer to conduct business at two locations: the licensed premises and at a gun show/special event. Taking the firearm to the customer is a crime.

technically im still conducting the business out of my home but no tangible goods are leaving the property except with me.
You are wrong.

These are all just questions before i go shell out 200 bucks that isnt refundable to me if i dont pass because im in the wrong area or what not.
The application fee is refunded is you are not approved.
Need a FFL in Dallas/Plano/Allen/Frisco/McKinney ? Just EMAIL me. $20 transfers ($10 for CHL, active military,police,fire or schoolteachers)

Plano, Texas...........the Gun Nut Capitol of Gun Culture, USA
Page generated in 0.03678 seconds with 7 queries