View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 12:08 PM   #5
hhamade

I am a new reloader, I just posted 2 threads this morning requesting some loads for 2 weapons I have hoping someone has the same model weapons. Yes, I understand that nothing works better then working up your own loads from scratch. But, I am looking for what people use in the same model guns I have that works, then from there I want to play with the loads to see if I can make them work better for me. Load data in the manuals is just to general for me, and with my limited resources, I dont want to go out and blow $100 just trying to get a decent round then another $50 in materials to perfect it. I rather find something close and tinker with it from there. Would I appreciate a good local mentor? Yes. Is it that easy to find? No. I have a buddy at work that has been reloading for over 30 years, but at the moment he is working on building his new shed that he will dedicate half of to reloading. So he currently doesn't have time to reload for himself, let alone to mentor me. I understand where you are coming from though. Whats the point in a load if all it does is go boom. You want something accurate and dependable. And the only way to do that is to work up a load for your gun. But, there is nothing wrong with using someone elses load as a base.

Page generated in 0.04216 seconds with 7 queries