Obtaining a CCW permit in Omaha
Greetings everyone! This is my first post and I'm excited to be a part of this community!
I have a question regarding obtaining a ccw permit here in Omaha and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
First off, I just put a Kel-tec P11 on layaway yesterday and I have 90 days to pay it off. I plan on paying the balance as soon as I can get some more info on what I need to do.
Here is the process in Omaha:
1. Go to the Sheriff's office and obtain a purchase permit.
2. Take the permit down to the firearms vendor, pick out a firearm.
3. The vendor gives you the paperwork to register the firearm with the county (Douglas county in this case).
4. After registering the firearm with the county at the Sheriff's office, take the registration back to the vendor and they will give you the firearm.
5. Sign up for ccw classes.
6. After passing the class, obtain the ccw permit, perform a back handspring with a double flip and twist!
In Omaha, registering a firearm isn't required IF you obtain a ccw permit (I'm moving to Sarpy county in June where they don't require registering a firearm at all, so I'd rather not register in Omaha either). But how can I get a ccw permit if I don't get the registration which allows me to pick up the firearm from the vendor? I won't have a gun to take the ccw course with. Does this make sense to anyone or am I a great big dumb dumb dummy?
One more thing, I also read from the Omaha Sheriff's site that a CCW permit is considered a purchase permit (See step 1). Not sure if this changes anything but it threw me for a loop.
Thanks for your time and I hope someone can lend some insight to this.