Basics - Proper Mounting
So now that I've been bitten by the bug, I want to get better at handling and shooting my shotgun.
Let me begin by saying that I don't have the means to shorten stocks, etc. so I just need some input on making what I have work.
I have a Maverick 88 12 ga 28" bbl. From what I've found online, apparently it's best to mount to your cheek first, then to your shoulder. Please excuse my novice questions:
1. What part of my cheek is supposed to be on the comb (that's what it's called, right?)?
2. Where on the comb is my cheek supposed to be?
3. Where on my shoulder is the butt of the stock supposed to be?
4. Am I supposed to keep both eyes open when I aim and fire?
5. Any other tips to get me started right?