View Single Post
Old January 15, 2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Magnum Wheel Man
I hate jumping into this frying pan, but I have 2 comments / questions...

BTW... I sell at only one local gun show, I do not sell weapons, but rather ammo, reloading components, & hunting stuff I no longer need ( it allows me funds for new purchases )... personally I'd like to bring a gun or two, but the local show I attend, requires a tax I.D. number ( which in essence means I'm a "business" ) my understanding of the laws ( & I'm not a lawyer, & hate that stuff ), is if I'm a business & selling guns without an FFL, then I'm in violation of the law... ( feel free to explain how / why I'm wrong... please )

I bought a gun from a guy a couple tables down from me at that local gun show, several years ago... the guy had 20-30 rifles for sale on his table, but didn't have an FFL, I didn't have to fill out any paperwork on the old Swiss straight pull bolt rifle I bought... it didn't make me nervous buying from him, but I would never put myself, as a seller, in that position ( legally )

my 2nd point, is more of an observation of the proposed changes... how on earth can these guys pass laws, that are in no shape or form enforceable ??? if I were to sell my buddy a gun I had before the ( pre all encompassing registration date ) there would be no record of me owning it, & thus no record of the sale... what motivation would either of us have for going to the gun shop & paying a fee to transfer that unregistered gun??? as an FYI... I "trade in" any handgun to the local FFL, as I want paper trail, that say's I don't own it any more, but that is just not practical on grandpa's shotgun... the proposed law is not inforceable ??? & in fact tempts regular law abiding citizens into becoming fire arms criminals... those passing such laws should be ashamed
In life you either make dust or eat dust...
Page generated in 0.03441 seconds with 7 queries