But the questions to be answered are:
1. Does it always recognize the proper user?
2. Does it always ignore some other would-be user?
3. Will it always go bang for the proper user?
4. Will it always not go bang for some other would-be user?
5. Can some unauthorized would-be user defeat the system?
The answer must be 100% yes or such a firearm is totally useless other than as some form of hammer or lever.
Q: How many thousands of on-off cycles would reasonably establish reliability? 50,000 seems a good start, to me. Pick up gun. Activate gun. Shoot. Shut down gun. Repeat test.
You're from BATFE? Come right in! I use all your fine products!