View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 09:46 AM   #8
It has to be reliable. I will usuallly put a few hundred rounds through it before considering it for EDC and to insure that it has it's proper mechanical break-in period. Also, it gives me a chance to become more familiar with the weapon.

It has to be a proper weight size. Some people carry a full size steep pistol for EDC. I find them to be too heavy and will simply leave it home. I prefer a lightweight (somewhat compact) pistol for CCW. Through trial and error, one will determine a size and weight tolerance for their gun. (Personally, I find stuff over about 22oz too be annoying in anything other than a duty holster.)

It must be of a minimum/maximum caliber. The purpose of carrying a firearm is for self defense. It is important that it be chambered in a caliber to sufficiently stop an attack on your life. (My personal minimum is .380acp) Equally, it is important to have a caliber that you can shoot well and handle recoil based on the chosen platform. (I stay with .45acp or below for CCW.)
Sic Semper Tyrannis
Page generated in 0.03272 seconds with 7 queries