View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 07:44 AM   #43
taylorce1

Keep it to the 2nd Amendment period. The 2A is there to allow us to protect ourselves from the tyranny of government first and fore most. I feel that if we are going to be able to maintain our ability to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government we should be allowed to arm ourselves with similar fierarms as the basic weapon of the US Military. The RTKBA is more about protection from within than protection from an invading country.

Here are some quotes I like.

Quote:
"A free people ought to be armed."- George Washington

*"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."- George Washington

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."- Benjamin Franklin

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."- Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms."- Thomas Jefferson*

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."- Thomas Jefferson*
Our founding fathers penned the 2A because they had just thrown off the chains of a tyrannical government, and the knew that the citizens of the US might have to do so again.

Page generated in 0.04561 seconds with 7 queries