View Single Post
Old January 12, 2013, 04:33 AM   #38
Pond, James Pond
Yesterday I shot of a small sample of 21gr loads, under both 240gr FNFMJ, and 200gr plated TC.

As I am not overly accurate with this heavy revolver, I opted for resting on a bench surface to get a better aim. At 30-40ft, they were pretty close to the mark.
The 200gr were tighter, but I think that was me, more than the gun as the 240grs really do have a kick and resting on a bench seems to make that worse. I don't know what those 265gr Hornady's I have ordered are going to feel like, sat over a hot load!!

Anyway, I feel as though these loads are almost accurate as any I've had in the past. I do remember getting the holes from my factory S&B loads to touch, but there I was at 20ft, probably less.

I have noticed that all my shots are left of where I was aiming. So it could be the rearsight needs adjusting, or I've a technique issue to address. (Most likely the letter...)

Being right handed that little flinch pie-chart says it might be anticipating recoil (with hot .44 loads?! Surely not!!), tightening grip, or incorrect finger position.
You cannot wake someone who is pretending to sleep. Stop pretending. Wake up.
Freedom: Please enjoy responsibly.
Any idea that relies on murder for its survival in intrinsically weak.
Page generated in 0.04204 seconds with 7 queries