View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 08:06 AM   #19
I've owned all three (four if you count the 22/45 as different) and I can't really tell a dimes worth of difference in them. I'd look for the one I could find the best price on, but I wouldn't cross the aisle at a gun show to buy one over the other otherwise.

I ALWAYS look used first. I picked up a 1960 standard auto (AKA MK 1) the day after Christmas, with the box and manual for less than $200.00 out the door.

My wife has a MK II that she's put thousands of rounds through. Any problems were fixed with a drop or two of oil.

I don't have pictures of them anymore, but I have owned both a MK III standard, and a MK III, 22/45. Same as my wife's, the only trouble I ever had with them was when they got REALLY dirty. A drop or two of oil fixed them short run. A good flushing with Gunscrubber (poly safe) took care of it long term.

You will hear people say they are hard to dis/reassemble. They're not hard. They do require you to follow the directions, TO THE LETTER. Especially important with the MK III. Like reading the Bible, every word is important.

Or do like I do. Just flush them out with Gunscrubber (the poly safe version is safe for all) wipe them off, put a drop of oil here and there, and leave it alone otherwise.
For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
John 3:16 (NKJV)
Page generated in 0.08731 seconds with 7 queries