Thread: 45 ACP vs Bear
View Single Post
Old January 11, 2013, 01:07 AM   #65
Location: the object towards which the action of the sea is directed

You wanna compared a 45ACP vs a bear to a pair of Bincos? C'mon now that's a little ridiculous.
Not at all ridiculous if you name is Deane Lengkeek.

A .22 has killed many bears. And dropped them dead in one shot. Does it mean its a one shot one kill vs a charging Grizzly, or is a one shot one kill ALL the time? NO WAY!
Just a reminder of the OP:
Would you feel safe using a 45 ACP for protection against a Bear if you were fishing up North where the Bears are big?
And you still continue to state:
IT CAN work. But as I I said countless times over, the 45ACP can work.
I do realize that you also state:
It means the 45ACP is capable of taking out a bear, but it's not a wise first choice weapon.
CAN work is totally different then you claiming I said a 45ACP will drop a bear In one shot. Where did I say that anywhere in my posts?
As far as I have read, you have not stated one shot, one stop with a .45ACP; just with a .22.

I just said a .22 HAS before, never said it will everytime that's stupid to assume.
I have assumed nothing, just read your posts. While the OP asks about feeling safe relying on a .45 ACP for bear protection against big Northern bears, you continue to promote/argue the ability, while not 100%, of the .45ACP and the .22 to stop a bear.

In your own words:
IT CAN work.
I don't recall the OP asking if it "CAN" work.

Again I state:
The question is, "Would a reasonable and prudent person expect to or seriously consider defending oneself against a bear with a .45 auto pistol; especially if other alternatives are available?"

I personally know a fair number of Alaska Guides and not one of them carries a .45 ACP or a .22 for that matter for bear protection when out in the bush.

While they "COULD", they "DON'T".

Just because something is possible does not make it wise.

The lowest paid college major/degree in this country after graduation...
Elementary Education.

Now, go figure...
Page generated in 0.06951 seconds with 7 queries