View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 10:37 PM   #41
Inazone

I was asking this question (well, .22 vs 9mm) a couple years ago. Although I do own a couple of .22LR rifles and numerous 9mm handguns, I ended up buying a Hi-Point 995TS as well. After owning it for roughly a year and running every kind of ammo I could find through it, I can't say enough good things about that ugly SOB. Accuracy is great, recoil is slim to none, it will reliably eat any kind of ammo, and Hi-Point's customer service is fantastic. I managed to lose my front sight due to my own inattention, and a two-minute phone call got me a free replacement within a few days.

I wish I could find the link, but I did find a chart outlining ballistics info for various ammo through different barrel lengths, and from what I recall, 9mm in 124-grain through a 16" barrel (such as the Hi-Point) was the only 9mm round still gaining velocity when it left the barrel. Don't quote me on that, as I can't find that chart now, but it was pretty interesting. Whether that's 100% accurate or not, I can say with complete certainty that I've never experienced the same reliability with ANY .22 firearm that I have with the Hi-Point.

Page generated in 0.04633 seconds with 7 queries