View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 06:21 PM   #8
HK_Flo

Quote:
Does your friend already have a good reputation for doing custom gun work or expertise in gunsmithing? Does he shoot competitively and is well known in those circles? If not, than just owning some CNC machines and being able to read mechanical drawings is not going to cut it. Seems to me, long before he decided on the the idea of producing custom 1911s, he should have already done his marketing research. Producing something, without knowing the demand and the wants of potential customers in a market that is already saturated with models produced by well known and established manufacturers is gonna be a tuff row to hoe. Many custom 1911 makers were well known in their field for producing custom parts and doing custom work on other brands of 1911s before entering the market themselves. They created the demand before they produced the product.
Not that I know of, no. I was talking to him a bit and it turns out he owns a glock and a hi-point...

Personally I think it is rather crazy idea. Crazy enough that it might work?

I think it will be fun to visit the shop and test out some guns for him though, as long as they don't blow my hands off

Page generated in 0.04613 seconds with 7 queries