View Single Post
Old January 10, 2013, 11:45 AM   #27
Mac's!

Quote:
Saying most but not all cops aren't proficient with their firearms is as bad as the original exaggeration that a person can fire a thousand rounds in two miniutes.
I never said that most cops weren't proficient with their firearms. I said they were ignorant about firearms. There is quite a large difference between those two statements. They may be expert shots with their own duty weapons and be totally ignorant about firearms in general.

Quote:
If scores of 90 and better were not achieved the officer was sent back to the line.
Hmmmm! Most Departments don't use any type of scoring system and haven't for quite a few years. It's either pass or fail. It's a liabilty issue... you score 100 on the range but then miss the bad guy and hit Grandma, etc.

Quote:
I dropped back into the low 90's. Got kicked upstairs so I didn't have to keep redeeming myself.
Uhmmm...ahhh.... pssst! You just vaildated my statement that supervisors can't shoot.

I stand by my statement that most but not all law enforcement officers are ignorant about firearms. Keep yer powder dry, Mac.

Tuff-Gun Finsihes. The Name Says It All.
Mac's Shootin' Irons
http://www.shootiniron.com

Page generated in 0.04779 seconds with 7 queries