View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 09:00 PM   #64
Kilroy08

Sweet Thing asked me about this, she has never had an interest in gun until she met me. I guess it would be best to describe her as curious about them since I have such an active interest in them.

My in short form answer was that full auto stuff is a rich man's toy. You have to be able to afford one, last time I checked was when Mac 10s (cheapest point of entry into automatic firearms) were $3000 or so + the tax stamp. Then the next problem is keeping said firearm fed. It is quite fun giving a recalcitrant target a couple bursts or more. In basic training you couldn't have beat the grin off my face after I got to play with a M249.

Long form answer, and I have given bits and pieces to her already, I see no reason for the 1934 National Firearms Act to exist. The politicians at the time played semantics by claiming "It's not a ban, it's a tax." It only serves to burden law abiding citizens. Just ask the Mexican cartels how hard it is to obtain their equipment due to draconian Mexican gun laws.

Page generated in 0.04831 seconds with 7 queries