View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 04:10 PM   #36
ratshooter

Since you ask for HD I would have to go with the Hi-Point 9mm. But the 22 would work just about as well especially with a hicap mag. Plus your kids and wife could use it with very little training. But that could be said for the 9mm too.

I have both and my hipoint seems to be on permanent loan to my oldest son. I do have a marlin camp carbine that ain't going nowhere but here. I really like that gun.

But on the other side of the coin how much chance is there that you will be home invaded or burlarized? I have been buying HD guns for 35 years or better and haven't needed one yet. I have a 12 guage and a 10/22 plus a mini-14 all ready for an attack. Thankfully none has came.

If you just want to shoot and have a gun that will do in a pinch for HD get the 10/22. Learn to use it and keep a low profile. Practice is cheap. Don't advertise what you own. And the Maverick shotguns are a good deal. My buddy has one. It will do what you want to protect your home.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"... Albert Einstein

Page generated in 0.04487 seconds with 7 queries