View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 03:42 PM   #2
ratshooter

I have a 77/22 with open sites made in 1984 IIRC I bought used off GB for $400.05 with shipping and transfer. It will shoot 1/2" groups at 50 yards with federal bulk ammo. Much better than internet reports had me expecting.

I wish I could find a 77/22 mag with open sites for around the same money. I did find one on GB about a year ago and drug my feet and let it get away.

I have two Marlin bolts, a 783 blue/walnut and an 883 SS/laminated. They are very accurate rifles that will shoot 1 1/2" groups or smaller sometimes at 100 yards. The 783 I paid $115 new in 1983 and the 883 I bought at a pawnshop a couple of years ago for $140 OTD. It was like new without a blemish on it. It had been fired but I bet not more than a 100 rounds. I don't think they knew what they had.

For ammo try some of the Armscor 22 mag. It shoots to the same POI as winchester 40gr loads and I have never had a misfire like I sometimes get with winchester. Armscor makes the 22 mag ammo for Fiocchi that everyone thinks so much of. Ever so often Sportsman Guide runs it on sale. I bought 4000 rounds when they had it for less than $6 a box of 50. Good luck finding some now.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"... Albert Einstein

Page generated in 0.04558 seconds with 7 queries