View Single Post
Old January 9, 2013, 07:21 AM   #2
Magnum Wheel Man
they don't make them to take off... & getting my "raging" barrel off the gun was really difficult ( I think they use a thread locker ) in a couple times, I think the gun would be unserviceable...

but I do have a switch barrel, using a Dan Wesson barrel shroud ( the guns are really close, & only minor machining was needed ) with the Dan Wesson barrel shroud, you need to have new barrels threaded in the Taurus thread size & pitch, on the gun end, & the Dan Wesson barrel nut theads on the muzzle end... with this set up, you could in essense make a "raging" pistol pak like Dan Wesson has, with any number of barrel lengths...

mine was not a 454 Casull, but rather a Raging Hornet... I didn't like the 10" full under lug barrel ( it was very muzzle heavy ) I picked up a stainless 6" barrel shroud, & replaced the 10" slower twist Hornet barrel, with a 6" 1 in 9" chunk of 223 barrel for a fast twist 22 Hornet... love the gun in this set up...

you can do a search for Dan Wesson pistol paks, to see how versitile they can be, & here is a link to the thread of that gun build, if you need to see some pics of what I'm talking about
In life you either make dust or eat dust...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; January 9, 2013 at 10:13 AM.
Page generated in 0.06989 seconds with 7 queries