What one person wrote their congresswoman......
I will not register my weapons should this bill be passed, as I do not believe it is the government's right to know what I own. Nor do I think it prudent to tell you what I own so that it may be taken from me by a group of people who enjoy, and willingly pay for, armed protection, yet decry me having the same a crime. You have overstepped a line that is not your domain.
I am a United States military veteran of many years, and I will not have someone who proclaims the evil of an inanimate object, yet carries some and has many in their homes and places of work, tell me I may not have one.
I am not your subject. I am a man who has kept you free. I am not your servant. I am a person whom you serve. I am not your peasant. I am the flesh and blood of America.
I am a man who fought for your country and mine. I am a man who learned. I am an American. You will not tell me that I must register my firearms because of the actions of some evil person. I will not register any of my firearms because these other inanimate objects involved with human suffering are not registered:
* Arrows, swords, bayonettes, spears, knives, axes, hatchets, baseball bats, golf clubs, tire irons, box cutters, scissors, ice picks, pitch forks, crowbars and ropes that can be tied into hangman's nooses; they kill people.
* Telephones; they make obscene calls.
* Pens and pencils; they write bad checks.
* Cameras, crayons and paint brushes; they make pornographic pictures.
* Printers; they make counterfeit dollar bills.
* Containers, every bottle, can, jug, box, keg or barrel holding anything with alcohol, as alcohol, like other intoxicating depressants (yes it's a depressant), causes more deaths and harm to humans than firearms.
* Paper money of any kind, so, if paid to a criminal to commit a crime and are recovered as evidence, their serial numbers can be used to trace them back to their owner.
* Everybody's DNA profile and fingerprints, so, if it's in evidence found in a crime scene, they can be identified.
I will not be disarmed to suit the fear that has been established by the media and your misinformation campaign against the American public.
We, the people, deserve better than you.
US Navy Distinguished Marksman Badge 153
Former US Navy & Palma Rifle Team Member
NRA High Power Master & Long Range High Master
NRA Smallbore Prone Master