View Single Post
Old January 7, 2013, 11:32 AM   #19
Scorch

Quote:
I guess my main problem with .375 Ruger is an inherent distrust of manufacturer specific cartridges.
Oh, yeah! Like those useless 300 Winchester Magnums. Why didn't they just stick with a 300 H&H Magnum? Or a 7mm Remington Magnum? Or a 375 H&H? Oh, yeah! Those are manufacturer specific cartridge, too!

At one time, most of what we call "standard cartridges" were, in fact, manufacturer-specific cartridges. Whether a cartridge sticks around and "makes it" is often a matter of how well they are marketed and promoted, not how well they perform. Case in point: 280 Remington, as opposed to the 270 Winchester. Performance of the two is pretty close to the same, but the 270 had a well-paid, well-spoken, well-respected spokesman that claimed it would do anything from ground squirrels on up to elephants. The 280 had a spokesman who was well-respected as a technical expert, but who had trouble expressing it. There are many other examples: 6mm Remington vs 243 Winchester, SAUM cartridges vs WSM cartridges, 300 Savage vs 308 Winchester, etc, etc.
Quote:
this rifle has one or more "assalt rifle" characteristics-an EVIL MUZZLE BREAK!
Muzzle brakes are not evil, flash suppressors are. In CA, flash suppressors are banned, muzzle brakes are not. Go figure!
Taylor Machine

Page generated in 0.04227 seconds with 7 queries