View Single Post
Old January 5, 2013, 03:16 AM   #8
Fargazer

One possibility is a Bushnell Elite Tactical scope via Grafs. Both the 6-24x50 scopes are within your budget, have FFP, and are well reviewed. If you have a C&R, you can get a further discount of $50 to $80 (though keep in mind dealer pricing does not include shipping).

I agree with gk1 on the mounts; on most of my scopes I'm using the Burris Signature Zee's (the inserts are very nice to adjust MOA). I have one QD mount, but it is a LaRue QD104, which is above average quality and guaranteed to return to zero when detached and remounted.

I "pulled the trigger" today on the Bushnell 6-24x50 Elite Tactical with the illuminated BTR-mil reticle, and will post a short review of it when it arrives. Price was roughly $638 with C&R before shipping; my original budget was $500, but I was able to stretch it a bit. The other reticle ran $713, which was just too much for my budget. Ultimately the scope will live on a 24" varmint configured AR I'm finishing up, but until that build is finished it will live on a .308 FNAR.

Below is a photo comparing the reticles on the two Bushnell models:

Page generated in 0.04430 seconds with 7 queries