View Single Post
Old January 4, 2013, 10:52 PM   #14
erob3

I currently own an OLDER Model 41 along with several High Standards along with a couple of Ruger SS Competition Target MKII's. Out of all of them the High Standards are the BEST trigger hands down. The S&W breaks very clean but the HS triggers are incredible. I have polished the stock sear on my Rugers and added a Volquartsen adjustable trigger but it still does not compare with either the Model 41 or any of my HS. With that said - get ready for this- my Ruger out shoots them all. Why? I truly believe it is due to the red dot scope I have on it, not to mention the Ruger is a fine pistol. I am simply not willing to risk putting a rail and scope on either my Model 41 or my HS. My Model 41 woud have to be drilled and tapped to accomodate a rail, absolutely not!! Out of my High Standard's only my Victor models have factory pre-drilled holes but I have not made the decision to put a rail on one of them yet so I could put a red dot on one of them. If I ever do I have no doubt it would be magical. So if I were to compare apples to apples, scope to scope, trigger to trigger, the High Standards come in first, Model 41 second, Ruger third. But that is a close race. Good Luck. I hope that helps.

P.S. - If you want to shoot really nice groups I second the previously mentioned ammo - CCI Standard Velocity. For the money you can't beat it.
Colt 1911 9mm, S&W 1911 9mm Pro Series, Buckmark .22, Lipsey Ruger MKII SS 4", Ruger Mk II Comp Trgt SS, Ruger Mk II Trgt SS, RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm, S&W Mdl 41 .22, H.S. Citation, H.S. Trophy, H.S. Victor E. Hartford, H.S. Victor Hamden, H.S. 103 Space Gun, Speedmaster .22, Savage MKII .22 BTVS, SKB O/U 505

Page generated in 0.04308 seconds with 7 queries