View Single Post
Old January 2, 2013, 07:29 PM   #37
Uncle Buck

I want to thank Glenn for starting this thread. I find it very interesting. I have worked with people who have some form of mental illness (Heck, a lot of people say I do) or mental retardation.

I had one friend who was the same age as me, but with the mind of an eight year old. Some of the best times we had together were target shooting at red balloons. (Blue balloons bothered him and he would not shoot at them.)

I see so many people who want to quickly put a label on others who are different and then either hide them away (A lot of people would be surprised how many people in mental health facilities never get a visit from their relatives!), because out of sight, out of mind I guess.

NOW WHAT I FEAR: Most government agencies need to show an increase in work loads in order to justify increased funding. With the Veterans Administration (VA) trying to diagnose so many people with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), I worry about the anti-gunners finding a way to use this as a back door remedy to gun violence.

What about other agencies? Could this also happen with them, if it comes down to mandatory reporting?

Page generated in 0.04914 seconds with 7 queries