View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 07:54 PM   #14
huntinaz

Oh dear, this is one of the dumbest lists I've seen. There are too many points to touch on and I don't have the desire, but...

Mental illness ( of varying degrees, it's a very comples issue) precedes the prescription of antidepressants. Think about that, is all I ask.

Were sources listed for this information? Somebody verify any of this information is correct?

Quote:
Diane Routhier was prescribed Welbutrin for gallstone problems. Six days later, after suffering many adverse effects of the drug, she shot herself.
This is just one example... what a ridiculous sentence. What advers effects? They were "numerous"... what were they? Generally if adverse effects are too bad you stop taking the medication, certainly before you shoot yourself no? But most of all, and this is important; Wellbutrin is not used for "gallstone problems." So really the only part of that sentence that I would readily believe are: "Diane Routhier...shot herself."

Lists like that leave out all the important information, use zero analysis, and only support a point based on emotion. There is no more substance in that list than a list that goes something like:

Eric Harris age 17 and Dylan Klebold aged 18 (Colombine school shooting in Littleton, Colorado) using high-powered handguns and assualt weapons with deadly high-capacity clips, killed 12 students and 1 teacher, and wounded 23 others, before killing themselves.

Adam Peter Lanza, age 20, Killed 26 and wounded 2 in Newtown Ct Reported weapon used was a high-powered Bushmaster military-style assualt-rifle with a flash-hider and high-capacity clips...

To some people, firearms start to sound like the culprit. To people who aren't familiar to medicine or mental illness... drugs may seem like a culprit, especially when presented like this. It's the same argument.

People have to blame something when bad things happen. Be it guns, drugs, whatever.

Page generated in 0.04922 seconds with 7 queries