View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 07:20 PM   #34
dahermit

Quote:
some carry types have other restrictions. Pocket carry is not friendly to seated draws.
I agree. But relative to compromise, I am shaped like a "V", no butt or hips, so unless I wear an excessively tight belt, my belt, and pants would migrate down around my ankles. For range use, I can get away with a belt holster for an hour or so, (with frequent up-pulls and I am constructing a Sam Browne belt w/shoulder strap to help with that), but for concealed carry it is not possible either IWB or OWB. I am stuck pretty much with pocket carry and suspenders. That is a compromise I must make. Seated I do not worry too much...the only scenario (I am retired, hardly ever sit in public), I can conceive of is someone desperate enough to try to hijack my Chevy Colorado pick-up, which is somewhat unlikely. Walking across parking lots to Walmart and being intercepted is more likely. A lot of the times, when traversing parking lots, I stuff both hands into my pockets as if I am cold; but have my right hand on my S&W 36 Snubbie, ready to go. So, it is a compromise, but not a very significant one. In all, pocket carry accommodates my body shape and my life-style.
Quote:
2) if I rely on draw speed to resolve the issue, and not on movement, then I am probably more likely to get stabbed, sliced, struck, or shot. I train to draw while moving. Movement options include forward or rear diagonals, pivots, parries and redirects, and/or physical engagement - plus draw as appropriate.
I see that logic in that. But again, a healthy person could do that, and I may be able to do that after my January 22 aortic valve replacement and 3 by-passes. But until then, such dancing would leave me exhausted and with chest pains. With such physical problems, I cannot do much dancing around...another compromise specific to my personal condition. I compensate by being very aware of, and maintaining awareness of the physical position of all the people in my vicinity.

If the Bible is the literal, infallible, unerring word of God...where are all those witches I am supposed to kill?

Last edited by dahermit; January 1, 2013 at 07:31 PM.

Page generated in 0.04484 seconds with 7 queries