View Single Post
Old January 1, 2013, 02:23 PM   #12
tobnpr

It's helpful to determine the adjustment range you need for a natural shooting position- where/how you normally shoot.

Harris is the best known, and reasonably priced on the market. I have also purchased several of their Wally World Winchester knock-offs and have no complaints about them- all being mounted on large caliber centerfires.

I recently bought a Blackhawk Sportster, pivot and traverse. Really pleased with the features for a price still less than a "standard" Harris.

Being able to make slight (or not so slight) adjustments to the rifle without moving the bipod's legs is a big plus. I can make ever so slight adjustments to get the rifle level (while looking at the anti-cant level), re-acquire faster with the pivot feature. I'll be buying more.

Whichever you choose, know whether the 6"-9" or 9"- 13" or so best fits where and how you shoot. Shooting prone with a 6"-9" for me was a non-starter, I'm a pretty big guy and it required me to get my head too close to the ground- with my neck at a very uncomfortable angle. OTHO, if you shoot bench only, depends on the height of the bench, and your size again, as to the optimal bipod height adjustment range.

Page generated in 0.05577 seconds with 7 queries