Thread: Glock reloading
View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 09:11 PM   #7
Sarge

One need only reference the various powder manufacturers’ websites, for more loads than you’ll ever care to try. I took my usual simplistic approach to reloading it- which means W231, lead bullets and velocities more in line with the .45 ACP. My 'general use' .40 loads consist of a lead SWC and just enough W231 to work the action reliably. I put these up in range pick-up brass and because much of that shows signs of being previously hot-loaded and fired in, er, 'ample' Glock chambers- I wouldn't load those casings hot anyhow. If a case resists normal leverage when run at the sizing die, I toss it,

Older Glocks seem to have less chamber support than newer ones, so I expect the phenomenon of Glock-belly brass to dwindle as time goes on.

“Nine-tenths of tactics are certain, and taught in books: but the irrational tenth is like the kingfisher flashing across the pool, and that is the test of generals. It can only be ensured by instinct, sharpened by thought practicing the stroke so often that at the crisis it is as natural as a reflex.” ~ T. E. Lawrence

Page generated in 0.03944 seconds with 7 queries