Thread: Glock reloading
View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 08:13 PM   #2
Marco Califo
Glock says not to reload

Glock says not to reload, as it will void your warranty. The reason is that Glock chambers are not 100% supported and may/will bulge cases slightly in one spot. To understand this take yours apart and look into the breach end of the barrel, slide a cartridge in. You will see that the "ramp" area does not support a small part of the case. Different generations of Glocks have different degrees of this issue. Newer are better; some one posted pictures here.

There are products on the market to "repair" Glock fired brass, essentially by pushing the case all the way through a die. I am aware of these but, have not experienced the need to spend money.

Bottom line is it is a personal decision. I do reload for my 23. I use once fired 40SW brass (don't know if it was fired in a Glock before). I shoot target loads and have never had an issue or noticed the supposed bulging. I have reloaded the same cases again, with no problem.

Another possibility is using a different barrel. I use a Lone Wolf 9mm conversion barrel, which is fully supported, stainless steel and conventionally rifled. Glocks come with polygon bore rifling, and Glock says not to use cast bullets.
Page generated in 0.03477 seconds with 7 queries