View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 10:54 AM   #54
Mystro

I hope no one is even comparing the power between a 10mm and 454. That said, the ability of the shooter is just as much part of the equation as caliber. The beauty of a Glock 10mm is the ability to dump a lot of ammo in a short amount of time (accurately). Snub nose recovers suck for anything but close quarters shooting, especially with heavy kicking calibers. I am a handgun hunter and I won't carry a large caliber in less than a 6" barrel. I prefer the 44mag to hunt with over the 454casull for many reasons I won't get into now.
I choose the Glock 20 as my general woods gun. It's not perfect but its a good compromise between firepower and shootability. When I am moving large black bear(400-700lbs) from behind my house, I have my G20 on my hip and a 12guage pump in my hands. I have had a few black bear bluff charge me and snap their jaws. A handgun doesn't give me the comfort factor as a 12guage rifle does.

"Ask not what you can do for your country, but what free entitlements you can bleed from your country"

Last edited by Mystro; December 31, 2012 at 11:01 AM.

Page generated in 0.04652 seconds with 7 queries