View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012, 11:06 AM   #9
AK103K

I dont know about "tougher", but I do know its a different profile, as are most bullets made for the 357SIG in that weight class.

Most standard 124 grain 9mm bullets start the radius/ogive to soon to work properly in the 357SIG. The 147 grain 9mm bullets dont have that issue as they have a longer "tangent" due to the weight.

Contrary to what you often hear, 357SIG and +P+ 9mm are pretty close in power. I got that very response from the engineers at Speer when I emailed them with the question on the difference when I was hot on 357SIG. They basically said both were 40000psi loads (Speer apparently has a spec for +P+ 9mm), and bullets of the same weight would perform basically the same. Thats why I was asking plouffedaddy if he'd consider a comparison of the +P+ 9mm.

Beware of associating with "Cheap" Squirrels. They tend to be very narrow minded, hypocritical, and will gag you if you question or disagree.

Page generated in 0.04443 seconds with 7 queries