View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
if you look around there are still vendors selling SKS for around $250, I picked mine up in the midst of all the hubbub for $239 and the shop even threw in a box of ammo for me. they weren't supposed to but they did it to keep the customer happy and if you look hard enough you should be able to find a store willing to just about anything to make sure you keep coming back. for the $200 range that you have listed a semi auto 22 cal is about the only thing I can come up with. a marlin model 60 or 795 would only cost you around $150-180 while a ruger 10/22 would cost closer to $200 or slightly over.

however it sounds as if you are looking for something that could be used for self defense or hunting and the 22lr is not a particularly fine example in either of those regards so I am stumped. my only advice to you would be to save up for a little while longer and try for something just a bit better like a HI Point carbine in 9mm, 40 S&W or 45ACP, all are fairly cheap to shoot as they all use pistol caliber rounds and all could be used for hunting or self defense if need be.
ignore my complete lack of capitalization. I still have no problem correcting your grammar.
I never said half the stuff people said I did-Albert Einstein
You can't believe everything you read on the internet-Benjamin Franklin
Page generated in 0.04849 seconds with 7 queries