View Single Post
Old December 30, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
tahunua001

if you look around there are still vendors selling SKS for around $250, I picked mine up in the midst of all the hubbub for $239 and the shop even threw in a box of ammo for me. they weren't supposed to but they did it to keep the customer happy and if you look hard enough you should be able to find a store willing to just about anything to make sure you keep coming back. for the $200 range that you have listed a semi auto 22 cal is about the only thing I can come up with. a marlin model 60 or 795 would only cost you around $150-180 while a ruger 10/22 would cost closer to $200 or slightly over.

however it sounds as if you are looking for something that could be used for self defense or hunting and the 22lr is not a particularly fine example in either of those regards so I am stumped. my only advice to you would be to save up for a little while longer and try for something just a bit better like a HI Point carbine in 9mm, 40 S&W or 45ACP, all are fairly cheap to shoot as they all use pistol caliber rounds and all could be used for hunting or self defense if need be.
Bean counters told me I couldn't fire a man for being in a wheelchair, did it anyway. Ramps are expensive.-Cave Johnson.

Page generated in 0.04063 seconds with 7 queries