View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 08:35 PM   #12
After reading Paw Paw's post, it occurred to me that I did not take into account my frame of reference. For my purposes (my frame of reference), I was thinking in terms of my preferred position for fast draw, 3:00 or slightly forward. In that position a forward cant requires me to "break" my wrist, so I prefer a vertical orientation. But, for concealment purposes, people may position their holsters to the rear of the 3:00 position, and doing so, I can see where having a forward cant (instead of my preferred vertical), would be a more natural position.

It would seem that there are physical factors that dictate where a person would want to hang their holstered guns. When I was young, I liked the "Mexican carry", of sticking a 1911 between the butt and the hip bone with a slight forward cant...especically answering the door at night. However, with arthritis locking my shoulder joints, reaching back that far is only done with some difficulty. It is a shame...that carry with a 1911 seemed to be made for one another (in some circumstances).
Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you only pay more for what you get.
Three shots are not a "group"...they are a "few".

If the Bible is the literal, infallible, unerring word of God...where are all those witches I am supposed to kill? (Exodus 22:18)
Page generated in 0.03217 seconds with 7 queries