Thread: Model 1892???
View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 02:14 PM   #20
I entered this thread to bring into it the possibility of a 1892 Win being converted either with a reamed chamber and now I learn, a replacement barrel in .44Rem Mag.
That it isn't safe is good advice to all. But that certainly doesn't remove the possibility that a '92 hasn't been so changed.
The one I know about was reamed out back in the '70s and it wasn't done by the owner. He took it to a LGS that had been doing this.
I do know who now inherited this old rifle and I do not know the serial range but the family was informed as to the value of this rifle and it was in fine condition and a saddle ring also. I will certainly try and forward this information to them.
I did a google and found a little on this here.
The old neighbor that owned the 92 also had a Ruger carbine in 44mag and that's probably a big reason he had the 92 converted, anyway he had Remington ammunition that was loaded back then for rifle only and so stated on the packaging.
For the message of the Cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, But to us who are being saved, It Is The Power Of God. 1Corinthians 1-18

Last edited by Gbro; December 23, 2012 at 02:36 PM.
Page generated in 0.09084 seconds with 7 queries