View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 10:38 AM   #139
Spats McGee
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer
. . . . They will argue now that the gun show is a convenient venue for private sales to come together with good guys and bad guys mingling. Thus, the show is an attractive nuisance as it expedites bad sales. Is that a loophole, not really but the counter to you saying there isn't one better be more than just there isn't one. . . .
Fair enough, Glenn. How about this: There is no gun show loophole. The laws for transferring firearms remain the same whether one is buying or selling at a gun show, in a brick-and-mortar store, on a tennis court, or the back 40 of Uncle Fred's farm. If you buy from and FFL, then FFL rules apply. In the modern age of cell phones, an FFL can call in the NICS check just as easily at a gun show as he can at a brick-and-mortar store. If you buy from a private party, then private party rules apply.

As to the convenient venue & attractive nuisance part, gun owners, like any other group, have a right to peacably assemble under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

ETA: Personally, when I hear an anti mention the gun show loophole, I always want to ask, "Can you explain this gun show loophole to me?"

If you ever have a real need for more than a couple of magazines, your problem is not a shortage of magazines. It's a shortage of people on your side of the argument. -- Art Eatman

Page generated in 0.04391 seconds with 7 queries