View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 02:37 AM   #9
No1der

Some fantastic suggestions guys and I really appreciate them and by all means keep them coming.

I'm going to do some pricing on the rifles mentioned in this thread and see what I come up with.

I can totally understand the pros and cons of the bolt action guns.

Ultimately what I would love to do is to get two rifles that are as similar as possible so that he doesn't think that he's carrying a "kids gun". Cause that can also cause him to lose interest.

I think it would be great if we each had the same or similar rifle and I could teach him about target shooting, naturally teach him about firearms safety. He's a good kid so I do think he's a responsible enough young man and won't go around shooting the neighbors cat or dog. Thank God he loves animals cause at least I know he's not likely to make a bad turn towards something dark and horrible in the future.

I am sort of leaning towards a semi-auto just because I had a bolt action and it was ok for a while but I got tired of it fairly quickly. That's not to say I'm ruling out a bolt action as I'm mulling this over at the moment and trying to figure out what would work best for us both.

Thing is I think that the .22 is a great caliber for an all around useful and FUN to use weapon. Not to mention all the bonding that comes from shooting with ones nephew or uncle (depending on your point of view). I've got great memories of learning to shoot with my dad and we definitely bonded greatly over that experience.

Like I said, price is a bit of an issue but if I can find a fantastic deal on a couple of good .22 rifles then I'm all in cause that's just all kinds of fun and all the other good stuff that goes with it.

Page generated in 0.05326 seconds with 7 queries