View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012, 08:25 PM   #59
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
...Obama can enact legislation that further makes the current gun laws stricter.

I'm thinking since there's already a high-cap ban in certain states like CA, he will attempt to expand it nationwide.

He may also make background checks mandatory for every firearm sale including private sales. This would be tough but if caught, they will institute some sort of punishment/fine/jailtime.

Another is by possibly taxing or raising prices on ammo and mags, and limiting ammo purchases i.e. 6boxes of ammo per person at a time...
Absolutely none of that can be done by Executive Order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice06RR
...This is all speculation of course. I'm no expert but I had a in-depth discussion with my brother-in-law who just finished law school and he gave me the finer points of an EO...
If you got the impression from your brother that Obama could do all that by Executive Order, either you didn't fully understand your brother or he needs a bit more education on Executive Orders.

BTW, I finished law school over 35 years ago and practiced law for more than thirty years, until I retired in 2007.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04389 seconds with 7 queries