View Single Post
Old December 21, 2012, 10:40 AM   #52
Magnum Wheel Man
the "hole" I'm sure you know is a sump pump pit... ( wouldn't have far to slide down the pole ) I have one in each room, but I'm on high ground, & in sugar sand under a couple feet of black dirt, so I doubt I'll ever need them for more than condensate ( from the dehumidifiers )

BTW... the short gun racks sitting on my bench in that last pic, are pieces I made as Christmas presents... I made up 6 sets of them for shooting buddies... so far the design seems really versitile

this weekend, I'm painting a 4ft steel steel desk with a file cabinete drawer in matching blue... it goes in one corner, my medications, & MRS jewlery ( no, sorry, no million dollar diamonds or anything ) & important papers will go in the desk, my watch collection ( vintage pocket & wrist watches ) will go on a board mounted on the wall behind the desk...

... getting to this point, really takes alot of weight off my shoulders, I live in the country, & as there have been alot of neighborhood break ins over the last year... one was my buddies daughter's place, & a lot of guns, & collector coins were stolen... even with an alarm system, I wouldn't expect law enforcement could get to my place in less than 1/2 hour... that's too much time to allow thieves to rummage... so I built the safe / room big enough to encorporate most of the valuables that aren't openly displayed in the house
In life you either make dust or eat dust...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; December 21, 2012 at 11:33 AM.
Page generated in 0.08805 seconds with 7 queries