View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 05:58 PM   #118
manta49

Quote:
Police checking with your doctor? No that is not viable in the least. There are very strict laws against the release of patients personal details by medical professionals and I quite frankly agree with these rules.

The police don't have the power to check with your doctor without your permission. I have nothing to hide so i have no problem giving permission. They don't get your medical records the doctor is asked if any treatment would affect your ability to own a firearm.

Quote Police Service N Ireland Firearms application.

A18 I give my consent for the police to approach my GP, consultant or other medical authority to obtain factual details of my medical history if necessary.

Quote:
Lets say that your beautiful marriage breaks up and you end up in counseling. Well, now you're seeing a mental health professional. So one word from him and you can never buy another gun again? Really?
Situations like that would not prevent you form having a firearm. Do you think someone with Lets say paranoid schizophrenia or other sorts of mental illness causing them to be violent or unpredictable should have access to firearms.

Last edited by manta49; December 19, 2012 at 06:05 PM.

Page generated in 0.04230 seconds with 7 queries