View Single Post
Old December 15, 2012, 08:10 PM   #27
Frank Ettin
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Metal 1
...Only because the federal law is out of step with contemporary society.

The last time I filled out a 4473 I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I have seen. In the opinion of the gov't if you are a user of marijuana you are a menace to society, however you could be a raging alcoholic (a TRUE drug addict) and it is still ok to fill out the 4473 and get your gun.
Completely irrelevant.

The law on this is what it is. Your opinion as to whether the law is good or bad or off base doesn't matter. The OP wasn't asking about how people think things should be. The OP was asking about possible complication under existing law of the state law legal use of marijuana under certain circumstance.

If you think the laws should be different from what they are, our systems offers you a number of ways to try to change the law. But opinions about whether these laws are right or wrong are off topic for this thread.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper

Page generated in 0.04548 seconds with 7 queries