View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 01:24 PM   #39
Tom Servo
Staff

Quote:
Think about what usually happens almost on que when one of these mass shootings takes place...the Anti-gunners use the dead bodies to fuel their movement.

Anti-gunners are the group that have the most to gain from such acts.
True, but if you drop a wallet with $500 and I find and keep it, that doesn't mean I picked it from your pocket.

Do the antis use tragedies like this for political gain? Yep. Is it tactless and grim? Yep. But we belittle ourselves by blaming them as the cause.

Quote:
Even though it can be shown time and time again that the reason these places were picked is due to the "Gun-Free Zone" status.
While many public shootings take place in gun-free zones, not all do. The Tuscon and Aurora shootings did not. Furthermore, I don't recall any of the surviving gunmen having explicitly said they deliberately chose gun-free zones. There are other factors.

While gun-free zones do make it easier for someone to do something like this, we can't prove causality.

Quote:
The only other reason I can think of is that the Anti-gunners are really that stupid.
That would be a dangerous mistake. They've got very smart people and very real money behind their cause, and their methods of distorting the truth are very effective.

Page generated in 0.04246 seconds with 7 queries