View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 07:57 AM   #1
Magnum Wheel Man
non knife guy looking at a bladed multi use tool...

options & thoughts from you guys that are knife guys...

lately I've been thinking of picking up a khukuri knife... thinking it could be used as a fighting knife ( not that I plan on getting that close to a bad guy ) more likely use, would be to replace a camp hatchet, could be used as a machette to clear shooting lanes, fence lines, take off small branches on downed trees, while chainsawing, etc...

I'm looking at a 10" blade, & those listed on evil bay made & shipped from Nepal ( anyone have anything good to say here ??? ) the knifes I expect to be a bit crude, but hope are sturdy, I live on a farm, & could see me using one regularly as a tool ( btw... worn out many Leatherman multi tools, over the course of the last 10 years, so if it is something I carried when out working, it could see some serious use ) ... I would suspect these particular knives would be like Kyber pass rifles... are there other manufacterers of authentic "style" khukuri knives ???

options for other knives that would function as a tool like I have listed above...

not looking for fantasy knife quality, looking for "tool quality"... I originally started looking at the smaller Gerber machettes, but they are not full tang, & I question the durability, also I'm wanting something small by machette standards, maybe on the large size by knife standards... something I could carry, while chain sawing, or working on the fences, that wouldn't be too cumbersome

wasn't there a trench knife, that coupled with the steel sheath, that would cut wire ??? do they still make those ???

options ??? opinons ???
In life you either make dust or eat dust...

Last edited by Magnum Wheel Man; December 11, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Page generated in 0.04207 seconds with 7 queries